Follow my blog with Bloglovin Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Donate After A Fire


I was born in Solano county. I am an Air Force brat so that should tell you exactly where. Anyway I am not a crafter all these years later. I started out with crochet but now I knit. A local connection another lovely MeetUp member forwarded an email. 



My name is Cyndi Miles and I am a volunteer for the American Cancer Society in Solano County. I am also the Vacaville Relay For Life Event Co-Chair. This evening (Friday, January 13th) the building that houses our local American Cancer Field Office caught fire. Everything in it was a total loss. In that office we stored homemade hats and scarves for cancer patients. 

We also stored wigs. All of those are gone. I was hoping that you could put the word out to your knitting groups and see if anyone would be willing to help us out by making some hats and scarves to donate to us. We had over a thousand wigs and lots of hats and scarves. These services mean a lot to our patients as they are under going treatments. If you need more information, please do not hesitate to call me. 



I would truly appreciate any help, donations, or spreading of word you could do for me.
Sincerely,
Cyndi Miles
707-365-0999



The Sacramento office of the American Cancer Society is open 9-5 most weekdays (except holidays, like Monday, Martin Luther King birthday observance.) Call ahead to confirm they're open the day you're going over.


1545 River Park Dr Ste 100 Sacramento, California 95815
Phone: (916)-446-7933 Hours: Mon- Fri 9 to 5


I wish I knew more local crafters. My Ravelry connections are so all over the world. Not that things cannot be sent from afar. I know many of us have items on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment