Follow my blog with Bloglovin Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Friday, July 12, 2013

You Need What When



Whew! What a day!
 
I was calmly sipping my coffee with my day unplanned when I opened an email and subsequent web pages to realize suddenly that I was booked for an event!

I had to zoom into action and barely made it in a timely manner. 

The same thing happened on my way home. If I had arrived when I wanted I might have seen myself on television. I had no speaking parts so it is probably okay that I was side lined.

A few days ago I offered to join a group volunteering at the #StateFairCA to help people utilize social media. 

Check in on FourSquare, Like the Facebook page, Connect via Twitter and GULP Scott Stratten is puking in his mouth a little…scan QR codes.

The hilarious thing about all this is that I have no smart phone. 

I have never scanned a QR code. I do not use Foursquare…I don’t get it. Why do I need a map site to tell people where I have been or where I am?

I don’t even like Pinterest and Instagram but I am invited to a Pinterest party next week here in town. I added an account when I fell in love with Miche purses.

Part of getting sidelined on the way home was about errands but in another moment I talked to a nice young lady who works for GreenPeace and said they are hiring.

I am busy doing all this running around and networking when I need to be job hunting. 

I need to hit a local jobs community center and then a temp agency. If I had more minutes to myself not interrupted by school work and carpool maybe I could get a booklet selling on Amazon Kindle.

People love my posts on technology. We had some lively conversations at the Social Media Help Desk. 

“Why are Tweeters not Twits?” was one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment