Follow my blog with Bloglovin Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Green Pie

It is almost St Patrick's Day. In case you have a party or event you want to wow some people at here is a fascinatingly interesting recipe.

Avocado Pie

1 Gram Cracker Crust
2 Avocados
1 Can sweetened Condensed milk
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice

Mix the ingredients together and pour into the crust. Chill for at least two hours and enjoy.

How can you tell if you might like this pie? If you like Key Lime Pie that might be a good indication. I do not prefer either.

When I have made this pie I could only eat a sliver. If you take it to a party I would think it would be a nice conversation piece.

It is very green. People will not be able to tell what it is you have prepared.

I think this is a good idea for the right person or as a bit of unusual fun for the holiday or when avocados are in season.

There have been other odd additives we have tried in desserts. Most work smashingly well and you cannot even tell there is something different about the dish. 

Here the difference is the dish. I always think of it when this time of year rolls around. The first time I was introduced to key lime it was March and I was working in a restaurant.

I grew up eating corned beef now and again plus other things but I had not grown up understanding the traditions of the Irish. Go figure.

Tried to make soda bread once. Either I did it wrong or that is just not my thing either. I have a picky pallet.

Food should be fun. Live a little try a lot of things. Now I sound like my daughter. She does not understand why she cannot get me to experiment more. The idea that I have been there and done that escapes her.

It has never been exactly a "try anything once" type but if I did certain things would definitely go in the once and only once category.

If I have to eat my vegetables maybe I will try my hand at an Irish Shepherds pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment