Follow my blog with Bloglovin Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Ice & Sun

OOoooh Finally we got the pictures from our fun day at the opening of the Downtown Ice Rink!!!


I decided there is nothing like enjoying being on the ice in the warmth of the California sun.


I love Sacramento but I have love left for the cold of Oscoda Michigan. My daughter still has not seen snow. The new car should change all that. We have to get some where this winter. Apply hill too. You better call us now I am not sure how much we might be home if I can have my way! HA


Although I look like a dork I allowed myself to be photographed no make up. I am for comfort and color over fashion when it comes down to being cold. We had on layers so after a few times around it was toasty.


Interestingly when I first got on the ice I felt a little fear. I contemplated just getting off and heading home. Thankfully I pressed on and through. I taught myself to inline skate without injury, ice skating shouldn't be too much worse.


When we left the rink we hit Temple Coffee before jumping on the light rail and heading home. I asked my daughter when we were at home getting ready to visit if she wanted to invite some of her friends to join us. With the free admission all they would have needed was public transit fair. She made a face at me.


She is good with faces. This face was the one that said "Hmmm let me think about my dare devil awkward male teenaged friends who hurt themselves walking and clowning around. Now let me think about the slippery ice....COLLISION CRASH BANG..ooohh awful visions...no no no" lol


It did cross my mind that there might be a learning curve. Stands to reason that many if not most of them have probably never been on ice. Still I know a lot of them can roller skate so I figured they might want to brave it.




If you knew me you would know I am a people watcher. I try to survey things and make mental notes. There are little seemingly insignificant things that can fill me with delight. In this instance it was to see the diversity we did find on the ice from ages to culture.


I saw parents and grand parents, tiny tots, kids teens and young adults the full spectrum. A reminder that Sacramento is the most culturally diverse city in the nation. School professionals can probably see that the most clearly. In our every day grown up lives I know sometimes folks get into ruts.


Traveling the same way to and from work or those few favorite stores. Entertainment or charitable activities and family the circle is closed. You have to get out of your every day a little to see what all you could be missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment