Follow my blog with Bloglovin Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

My Holiday Treats


On a recent shopping trip to Trader Joe’s I discovered they had some lovely chocolate cookies on sale. I savored each one a day at a time until they were gone. Happy Christmas season for me!

It is officially winter of 2013. Christmas is so close we can already taste it I am betting. In our house is a real tree with no edible ornaments but I know those are popular.

One year I made cinnamon applesauce ornaments. That was fun. That year or in another one we strung popcorn and dried fruit. I grew up with none of these traditions.

My parents had a fake tree that lived in its box fifty or so weeks a year. There were boxes of ornaments and lights but never any personalized ones. I do not remember trimming the tree much or ever buying any.

Christmas was small with my tiny nueclear family so far from the grandparents and other kin in Oklahoma or on the east coast. We would eat a nice festive dinner and have some holiday dessert but that was about it.

The fun of the season came in every day simple things.
 
I spent one night this week helping a minor cousin bake cupcakes for her holiday party. 
She topped them with crushed candy canes so they were festive to look upon but of course I did not try them. I prefer my mint in candy isolated from other flavors and sensations.
Another favorite delight of ours for this season are giant candy sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment