Follow my blog with Bloglovin Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Stripes Are In


Stripes and the color teal are trending for spring 2013. Are you ready to step out and strut your stuff with style and grace?
 
I have been wanting to talk about fashion for a while now on the blog. It seems people need it. I need to keep reminding myself of that. 

My mother taught me a few style tips growing up and I ran with them. So style comes pretty easy for me and I don’t often question how to dress or what looks good on me.

I remember years back I got involved with a direct sales clothing company called Multiples.

Consultants would have a base wardrobe and encourage persons to host events where everyone would try on items.
It was there I learned that people have different style types. I am more modern perhaps. I like bold colors and to take risks. 

A friend of mine attended an event with me and could not even fathom trying on some of the combinations I was comfortable with.

She had more of a classic fashion sense or personality. The ensembles she was comfortable with, bored me to tears. Monochromatic: blue, black, or taupe.

I opted for vibrant colors with bold accents.  I just took a style quiz and got the label: GLAMOUROUS. That is funny since a gentleman just called me that last week.  

You can take the quiz as well. I would love to know how you come out. 

These pics are not so glamorous but the fun of fashion and style is accessories. 

I heard a tip once that a woman wants on seven pieces of jewelyr or bling to balance out her look each day. This starts at the hair and works down. Earrings count each separtely and not as a set.

Hair Clips or Pins

Necklace

Earrings 
(two or more)

Lapel Pin or Brooch 

Facial piercings

A watch

Glasses 
(sun or prescription)
 
Rings 
(one to five)

A bracelet or bangles

A belt

An ankle bracelet

An arm band

That is just a general list of options so you can see  how you size up.

When wearing stripes it might depend on both the color of the stripes and the size of them how glam or toned down you want to go with extras and accessories.

Another thing you can add that might not be jewelry but still adds flair is a scarf. They come in all manner of shape size and texture. Buy a few and try them out.

Stripes going across can take the eye in that area so some who are or feel size is an issue might want to stick with vertical lines.

If you have no striped items in your wardrobe get out and into the dressing room to try some things on. 

It might surprise you what looks good.

6 comments:

  1. I live deep in the country where the standard dress code is jeans and a tee shirt. I have drawers full of great accessory jewelry that's been abandoned for years. And sad to say, I'm no longer Imelda Marcus II as all those gorgeous shoes have been replaced by the kind of footwear you don't mind getting scuffed and dirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always get dressed up and take pictures of yourself to share on the blog or do videos and upload to YouTube. It's funny how the seasons of our life change and culture morphs around us. At least you were able to have some fun. It makes me sad to encounter people who have never done more than throw on jeans and a t shirt. Even worse if they want more and have no idea where to start.

      Delete
  2. I live in stripes, mostly chevron right now.


    -Jenna
    stopdropandblog.com
    email: firemom at stopdropandblog dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not think I have tried anything in chevron. hhmmm I must look into that.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I have a couple tops like the one in the front of your picture. Looking forward to wearing them now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is almost just right depending on where you are! I am also a fan of layering both over and under. So a thin long sleeve shirt under or a button down one or a jacket over short sleeves and tank tops. Variation is the fun of fashion.

      Delete