Follow my blog with Bloglovin Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Shiny Red Shoes Find

Found! by toscasac
Found!, a photo by toscasac on Flickr.

Winter of 08 as I started college before my financial aid came in I was hurting for funds.

Being a savvy thinker I decided to dumpster dive for cans and bottles to have money for gas.

It turned out I lived near an apartment complex where a lot of really neat things were being thrown away still perfectly usable.

I would dress in old clothes and shoes wearing kitchen gloves to keep my hands clean.

My haul included:

  • A grocery paper bag full of Variety Puzzle Books
  • Clothes
  • A desk lamp and organizer
  • Cute strapy sandals
  • Those amazing shiny red shoes
  • A large extra thick girly colored comforter (shown under the shoes)


Such odd blessings when all I wanted was enough money to fuel my car. lol

I gathered things for weeks on different days. The day I found the sandals and the red shoes I saw one red shoe and the other was no where to be found. The sandals I seemed to find in pairs so something told me the other red one was in there some where. I couldn't give up they are so darling.

Finally sweet success!

1 comment: